Senior PHP/WordPress Developer
Looking to bring your development skills to a fast-paced, growing company?
Webspec is currently searching for a highly motivated, organized, and communicative individual to join our in-house web design and development team as a Senior PHP/WordPress Developer. Applicants must be able to effectively communicate project progress with other team members, and be a participant in meetings with a variety of clients to help meet and exceed client expectations.
The Senior Developer role contributes to the success of our clients by providing development expertise to meet the stated goals for website projects. This role requires excellent analytical skills to think through processes and find technical solutions that are user-friendly and sustainable for the client’s future growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Web Development or related work experience
- 6+ years of web development experience with demonstrated expertise in WordPress
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with project teams and manage client expectations
- Strong analytical skills to work through complex problems and create user-friendly solutions through our website work for clients
- Working knowledge or expertise in the following technical areas:
- WordPress — Build WordPress themes from scratch, including experience with Gutenberg
- Current PHP standards and best practices
- HTML5 — Clean, semantic, valid HTML
- Responsive / Media queries — Everything we do is fully responsive
- Build System — Webpack
- CSS — Sass
- HTML5 — Clean, semantic, valid HTML
- JS — jQuery, Custom JS
- UI / UX — Experience and passion to create beautiful work
- QA — Writing clean code and testing it throughout the development process to ensure the quality is up to standards
- Git — Committing, push, pull and merging code
- Deployments into staging and production server environments
- Quality Assurance & Testing — Writing clean code and testing it throughout the development process to ensure the quality is up to standards
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, or XD
A Successful Senior Developer contributes to the success of our team and our clients by:
- Writing clean, compact, and efficient code that follows best practices and the most updated code standards.
- Participate in client conversations to gather details on new projects and/or development features.
- Working with project managers or coordinators to organize your queue, prioritize tasks, and communicate when projects are ready for review.
- Working towards fully commanding the Iron Triangle (Scope, Time, Budget)
- Providing expertise and insight to the project manager and sales team to create a comprehensive scope of work for new projects and/or tasks.
- Accurately estimating the amount of effort required to complete a task or project.
- Effectively managing time spent on the project to stay within the overall budget and communicating out of scope changes to the project manager.
- Meeting with designers as needed to understand the design and user experience needs for new projects.
- Collaborating with project managers or coordinators to help with customer requests and advanced troubleshooting and strategy.
- Working to design tools that create an optimal user experience and functionality.
- Thoroughly testing work prior to deployment into production.
- Work with junior developers to provide guidance, training, and tasks as needed.
- Conduct regular training sessions and professional development to hone skills and expand the knowledge of the entire team.
If you love building the web, working with clients on technical and creative projects, then we want to talk to you! Please fill out the application form below.