Looking to bring your development skills to a fast-paced, growing company?
Webspec is currently searching for a highly motivated, organized, and communicative individual to join our in-house web design and development team as a Laravel Developer.
The Laravel Developers role forms the structure of our Applications & Products division, providing Laravel and technical skills to contribute to new app projects or maintain existing products. Software Engineers have the opportunity to work with senior members of the team to take ownership of custom application projects and support products developed by their team. This role collaborates heavily with other developers, designers, and project managers.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum three years of work in web development
- Demonstrated proficiency in Laravel development
- Skilled on both front end and back end implementations
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Vue.js or React
- TDD and unit testing
- Designing relational databases
- SQL (queries, indexes, constraints)
- REST APIs
- Proficient in writing clean, compact and efficient markup and CSS/SASS
- Proficient in command line and local development (Git, Docker/Homestead, etc)
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with other team members and manage client expectations
- Experience working collaboratively with clients or stakeholders to create a finished product
- Demonstrated ability to develop features to client specifications
- Experience with managing budgeted workloads
- Ability to accurately estimate the amount of effort required to complete a task
- Working towards a proficiency in the following areas:
- Client communication
- Navigating the Laravel framework to build projects from start to finish
- Creating scopes of work
- Understanding of Iron Triangle (Scope, Time, Budget)
- Raising questions to product owner or senior engineers to save time and budget
A successful Laravel Developer contributes to the success of our team and our clients by:
- Fully commanding the Iron Triangle (Scope, Time, Budget), effectively managing time spent on tasks or projects to stay within the overall budget and communicating out of scope changes to the project manager
- Working with product owners or senior larval developers to raise questions about process or scope to save time and budget
- Demonstrating a willingness to take initiative in learning new techniques or programs to enhance development or Laravel-specific skills
If you love building the web, working with clients on technical and creative projects, then we want to talk to you! Please fill out the application form below.