Junior Laravel Developer
Looking to bring your development skills to a fast-paced, growing company?
Webspec is currently searching for a highly motivated, organized, and communicative individual to join our in-house web design and development team as a Jr. Laravel Developer.
The Junior Laravel Developer role forms the foundation of our Applications & Products team, learning the ropes with Laravel to provide technical support and complete tasks or small projects for active clients or internal products. Junior Laravel Developers have the opportunity to work on multiple tasks to support the ongoing goals for applications or products supported by their team as well as collaborate with other senior members of the team, designers, and project managers.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of work in web development
- Demonstrated experience with at least one PHP application framework, experience with Laravel is preferred but not required
- Proficient in writing clean, compact and efficient markup and CSS/SASS
- Experience with command line and local development (Git, Docker/Homestead, etc)
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with other team members
- Experience working collaboratively with clients or stakeholders to create a finished product
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, or XD
- Photography and videography experience a plus
- Working towards a proficiency in the following areas:
- Client communication
- Navigating the Laravel framework to build projects from start to finish
- Quoting and estimating the time it will take to complete a project or tasks
A successful Jr. Laravel Developer contributes to the success of our team and our clients by:
- Providing technical support and updates on client applications
- Successfully completing tasks in a timely manner and communicating roadblocks that may impact delivery
- Working towards fully commanding the Iron Triangle (Scope, Time, Budget), effectively managing time spent on tasks or projects to stay within the overall budget and communicating out of scope changes to the project manager
- Working with senior laravel developers to raise questions about process or scope to save time and budget
- Demonstrating a willingness to take initiative in learning new techniques or programs to enhance development or Laravel-specific skills
If you love building the web, working with clients on technical and creative projects, then we want to talk to you! Please fill out the application form below.