Looking to bring your development skills to a fast-paced, growing company?
Webspec is currently searching for a highly motivated, organized, and communicative individual to join our in-house web design and development team as a Drupal Developer. This role will work primarily with our State of Iowa Drupal team to build and deploy Drupal websites for the State of Iowa. As well as, maintaining and supporting the current Drupal infrastructure of existing State of Iowa websites. Applicants must be able to effectively communicate project progress with other team members, and be a participant in meetings with a variety of clients to help meet and exceed client expectations.
Prior Drupal development experience is required; knowledge of other popular content management systems, Git, Sass, and custom JS experience is a plus. This position is full-time, either remote or at our office in Des Moines, Iowa.
NOTE: We would also consider a Senior Drupal Developer in this role.
- Build Drupal templates from scratch
- Perform security updates to Drupal environment
- Perform miscellaneous client development requests as requested by Project Manager
- Working towards being proficient in one additional code base (WordPress, Magento, Laravel, Yii, etc.)
- Proficient in command line (Git, Homestead, etc.).
- Proficient in writing jQuery, custom JS.
- Proficient in writing clean, compact and efficient markup and CSS/Sass
- Thoroughly test work prior to deployment into production.
- Accurately estimate amount of effort required to complete a task.
- Work towards fully commanding Iron Triangle (Scope, Time, Budget)
- Lead client conversations about programming features.
- Raise questions to more senior developers and team, to save time and budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university (or equivalent experience)
- Two plus years of development experience, and at least one year of Drupal development experience
- Git – Committing, push, pull and merging code
- Deployments — Deployments into staging and production server environments
- Responsive / Media queries — Everything we do is fully responsive
- Build System – Webpack, Gulp
- CSS — Sass
- HTML5 — Clean, semantic, valid HTML
- JS — jQuery, Custom JS
- UI / UX — Experience and passion to create beautiful work
- QA — Writing clean code and testing it throughout the development process to ensure the quality is up to standards
If you love building the web, working with clients on technical and creative projects, then we want to talk to you! Please fill out the application form below.